Bike Hire and Demo Bikes
The Framed Bicycle Co. is now offering Bike Hire in Gwynedd, North Wales we can be found in the beautiful village of Llanberis in the heart of Snowdonia. The Framed Bicycle Co. sits at the foot of Snowdon itself and is surrounded by an abundance of mountainbiking and road cycling routes.
Haibike eBikes and Diamondback Hardtail mountainbikes are available to hire, we pride ourselves in keeping all our hire bikes up to date and well serviced so if you’re looking to buy or even just try eBikes or mountainbiking why not start by hiring one first. If you decide to buy a bike within one month of hiring one from us then we will refund your hire fee regardless of which bike you buy from us, ask a member of staff for details. Alternative if you decide to buy the one you’ve just hired we can calculate a sale price based on how many times the bike has been used.
We strongly advise calling us to book in advance or email, to check bike availability for your proposed dates. Payment must be made in full to reserve bike(s) for your booking. Your fee is refundable (minus a £5.00 per admin fee) up to 7 days before the hire date. Please read the terms and conditions before calling us to hire the bikes.
You can enjoy the eBike or Mountainbike experience on our hire bikes in Llanberis or take them to one of the many excellent local trail centres like; The Gwydyr Trails, Penmachno mountainbike trails, Coed Y Brenin Trail centre, it’s up to you. So long as you’re back before the agreed times otherwise a late fee is incurred, as my dinner would get cold. If you would like the added benefit of having a guide show you around, fix any punctures and ensure you’re back on time then we have anumber of associated and fully qualified guides that can see you have a great time around the trail.
If you’re liking what you’re reading and agree to the all the small print below then please do give us a call and bare in mind that when you do you will be asked your height and inside leg measurement to ensure you’re fitted to the correct size bike so that you can ride the trails in comfort and in confidence.
The Small Print...
- All hire bookings require payment in full. We are unable to hold or reserve bikes until they have been fully paid for. In the event of cancellation your hire date can be rescheduled or the hire fee refunded up to 7 days before the hire date. No changes can be made within 7 days of the hire date.
- Under the terms of our hire agreement, accident and/or crash damage is chargeable to the hirer. We offer an optional damage waiver, which covers the cost of equipment repair as a result of accident and crash damage during the hire period. If you choose not to purchase the waiver then you will be held responsible for the cost of any damage that may occur to the bike whilst it is in your possession. Please note that the waiver specifically does not cover:
- Deliberate or reckless abuse.
- Theft of the bike.
- Incorrect adjustment of the bike by the hirer.
- The Framed Bicycle Co. reserves the right to terminate the hire agreement and take possession of hire bikes, without refund if, in the opinion of company staff, the bikes are being used in a reckless manner or being willfully abused.
- Helmets are included in the bike hire price and must be used at all times.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- We require photo ID (driving license or passport) to be left with us for the duration of the hire period.
- Rental period is from 09.30 until 17.00. Bikes returned late will be subject to a late return fee of £15.00 per 1/4 hour.
- Commencing from collection un till return to and from The Framed Bicycle Co. bikes hired are the sole responsibility of the hirer.
- Our bikes are for XC use ONLY. Bikes may not be used for competitive racing, shuttle access downhill riding or any other type of organised event.
- We do not permit the fitting of child seats, child trailers or ‘tag-along’ style children’s trailer bikes to any of our hire bikes. These items are not suited to use on many off road trails. The fitting of stabilisers to our children’s hire bikes is also prohibited.
- All hardtail bikes come supplied with flat pedals only.
- Full suspension bikes are supplied with flat pedals. If you would like to use your own pedals, please let us know at the time of booking and bring them along. No extra charge will be incurred, but they must ONLY be fitted by our staff.
- Our terms and conditions are intended to protect our equipment for the next hirer as much as they are intended to ensure your enjoyment, so please do take care of yourselves and our bikes.
- We do ask for a deposit of £50 per bike, this is refundable at the end of the hire period should the aforementioned cycle hire terms and conditions be adhered to.
- Deposits will be used partly or in full to go towards the cost of damage or losses incured to our property, with any outstandin amount chargable to the hirer as per Cycle Hire Terms and Condition.