Marin San Quentin1
The San Quentin is for the aggressive hardtail trail rider looking for a blend between singletrack capabilities and extended air time.
- Downhill trails
- Light dirt jump
- Series 2 Aluminum Frames: The San Quentin 1 features a Series 2 aluminum frame, with tapered head tubes, 3D forged drop outs, IS brake mounts, and semi-internal cable routing.
- Dirt Jump Inspired Frame Style: Taking cues from the Alcatraz, the San Quentin line up provides all the benefits of the DJ style with massive stand over, slick frame tubes, and a sexy paint job.
- Modern Trail Geometry: The slack head tube angle paired with a steep seat tube angle create a ride that will fly uphill with perfect front wheel precision but then descend like it's on rails. The balanced rider position thanks to the steep seat tube puts your weight between the wheels for impressive climbing and handling on flats, while the slack front end and short rear center help to pull you through the rough descents and corners with an intuitive feel.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Series 2 6061 Aluminum, Double Butted Frame, 141mm Open Dropout, 73mm Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Forks: SR Suntour XCM32 Boost 15 x 110mm Spacing, 120mm Travel, Lock Out, 27.5", Bolt-On Thru-Axle
- Headset: FSA No 57E, Semi-Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1-1/8" x 1-1/2"
- Crankset: Marin Forged Alloy, Integrated Steel 32 Tooth Narrow Wide Chainring, Boost Spacing
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge Bearing, Square Taper
- Rear Derailleur: Microshift RD-M9195M, 9 Speed, with Clutch
- Cassette: Sunrace, 9 Speed, 11-46 Tooth
- Chain: KMC X-9
Braking / Shifting
- Shifters: Microshift SL-M9195-R, 1 x 9 With Bearings
- Front Brake: Tektro M275 Hydraulic Disc Brake, 180mm Rotor
- Rear Brake: Tektro M275 Hydraulic Disc Brake, 160mm Rotor
- Brake Levers: Tektro M275 Hydraulic Disc
- Rims: Marin, Double Wall Alloy, 29mm Inner, Pinned Joint, Disc Specific, 32 Hole Tubeless Compatible
- Front Hub: Forged Alloy, 110 x 15mm Axle Spacing, Sealed Cartridge Bearing, 32 Hole
- Rear Hub: Forged Alloy, Quad Sealed Cartridge Bearings, Alloy Axle, 141mm Width, 32 Hole, Shimano Standard Freehub Body
- Spokes: 14g Black Stainless Steel
- Tyres: Vee tyre Co, Flow Snap, 27.5 x 2.6", MPC Compound, Wire Bead
- Handlebars: Marin Mini-Riser, 6061 Double Butted Aluminum, 780mm Width, 28mm Rise, 5º Up, 9º Back
- Grips: Marin MTN, Closed End
- Stem: Marin 3D Forged Alloy, 45mm Reach
- Seatpost: Marin Alloy, 30.9mm Diameter
- Saddle: Marin Speed Concept
- Pedals: Nylon Platform